What I'm doing in Alaska

Alaska...

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Eagles At VFW


Wow, I can't believe I forgot to say this. Okay, a couple weeks back, my dad was coming home from a coffee with some friends of his. He rushed in, saying, "Get in the car, the lady is feeding the eagles." This may sound cryptic. I'll explain. When the river freezes here in Alaska, there is a certified lady who comes and feeds the eagles some type of meat. The eagles fly over your heads and land in trees. It was cool to see them swoop down and catch fish. There were over 20 eagles, in the trees and flying. The lady was throwing meat from her car, with the eagles swooping down. There was one tree that was tall and wobbly. To the eagles, It was like a throne. One eagle was perched there for a while. Another, bigger eagle came flying in and tried to knock the one eagle off the tree. He was able to stay on, while the other one flew off. It was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment